“Support My School Initiative”is now taking up “Mission 1000” that aims to revitalize 1000 schools in India. Support My school is one of the most effective campaigns running in the education sector of India. This programme is run by the alliance of Coca-Cola India, NDTV and other NGO partners.
Aims and Initiatives of Support My School
Support My School is a WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) initiative by the alliance of Coca-Cola India, NDTV and other NGO partners for the development of the government schools in India . It focuses on spreading awareness of education and providing basic amenities in schools. The programme aims to improve access to safe drinking water, sanitation facilities etc. and focus on the improvement of overall infrastructure of schools.
· Provision of improved access to water
· Appropriate sanitation facility for boys and girls.
· Improvement in the overall school infrastructure and environment.
· Provision for sports and recreation facilities.
· Recharging ground water through rain water harvesting.
· The programme enhanced community engagement
· Increased attendance rate
· Dropout rates reduced significantly
· Increased new enrolments in school from 6.95% to 14.77%
Our Education Sector Needs Improvement
Education opens doors to the youth, and hands them the keys to the future. Therefore, it is up to us to ensure that this process takes place most efficiently and in the best way possible. This process elevates the standards of education in all aspects, and also induces a simultaneous improvement in the morale and health of the children.
SWachh Bharath Mission in Schools
Taking this Support My School Initiative and its activities as a working model, other such partnerships and organizations should forefront to make India a cleaner, healthier and better educated country.