Being overweight or obese is one of today’s most prevailing health hazards. Both males and females of any age could be a sufferer of obesity. The excess weight of an obese person is the result of the accumulation of superfluous fats in the tissues of our body. It is a serious health problem that affects a large population all over the world. Obesity often brings upon undesired health conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
How To Self Identify Obesity
Pain in back and joints, pot belly, snoring and being overweight are the noticeable symptoms of obesity.Taking the body mass index of a person will help to understand one’s position. To determine your BMI, divide your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in meters (m) and divide the answer by your height again.
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
How To Prevent Obesity Naturally
It’s always advised to fight obesity naturally rather than through artificial methods. Following healthy habits is one of the most important things to keep in mind when considering natural methods as a way for preventing obesity.
Healthy Habits To Prevent Obesity
Healthy habits to prevent obesity include both diet and physicall activity. All the extra calories consumed have to be burned in order to maintain a fit body.
A healthy diet plan emphasizes on eating:
- Plenty of vegetables
- Low glycemic foods like whole grains bread, oats, dried fruits, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, apples and citrus fruits.
- Lean protein
- Low-fat or fat-free yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat milk and and light cream cheese.
- Coconut oil or coconut milk ( have less calorie and are easy to burn down).
- Fish like wild salmon, sardines, pacific cod, light canned tuna.
- Fish is a key source of omega-3 fatty acids which helps to reduce the risk of obesity, cardiovascular diseases and .type – 2 diabetes. Avoid king mackerel, farm salmon, shark, imported shrimps, Atlantic blue-fin tuna, tilapia and swordfish as it may contain mercury.
Other Useful Tips To Stay Fit Naturally
Effectively controlling your body weight requires a reduction in energy intake and an increase in physical activity.
- Ensure that you drink 2 to 3 liters of water daily.
- Avoid foods like sugar, processed and junk foods, refined flour, sweetened beverages and foods that contain trans and hydrogenated fats.
- Eat small meals every 4 hours instead of staying hungry for long time
- Be active and involved in regular physical activity.
While all physical activities burn down the calories consumed, 30 minutes of cardio like kickboxing and boot-camp workout helps a lot. Do push-ups for about 12 times every other day. Squats and sit-ups help tone your thighs, abs and hip.
Behavioral Therapies for Staying Fit
Many different programs are available for helping people to fight obesity and stay fit. These therapies help a person to lose weight through lifestyle modification.. Behavioral therapy brings a peaceful mind and stimulates the person to fight obesity through controlling eating habits. During the therapies, It’s widely suggested to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Continuous encouragement boosts them to overcome their stress during the course of change and the obsessive behavior towards unhealthy foods.
if you enjoyed this post, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social channels using the below icons