Natural skin care is caring for your skin in a natural and chemical-free way. Developing good habits play an important role in natural skin care as well as body care and health in general.
Natural Skin Care Measures
1. Drinking a lot of water: Drinking around 8 glasses of water is the first and formost natural skin care measure. Water helps in flushing out toxins from the body in a natural way. It helps in the overall upkeep of the body and promotes good health for all organs not just skin.
2. General cleanliness: Daily shower, wearing clean clothes and sleeping on a clean mattress/pillow are all part of general cleanliness. After all, clean skin is the key to keeping the skin disorders at bay.
3. Regular exercise: Exercise increases the flow of blood that helps in getting rid of body toxins and keeping you healthy. Exercise also helps in beating stress which is a foe of good health.
4: Healthy food and eating habits: Some type of food (e.g. oily food) is known to cause acne and should be should be used in moderation.. Your diet should be a healthy mix of various nutrient providing foods. Raw fruits and vegetables are known to provide freshness to your body and help in getting rid of body toxins.
5. Good sleep: Good sleep is also necessary for maintaining good health and in getting rid of stress. As a natural skin care measure, a good sleep delays loosening of skin.
6. Beating stress: Stress causes overall damage to body and health. So beating stress is another skin care therapy. Drinking a lot of water, getting a sound sleep and exercise has already been mentioned as stress busters. Indulging in a warm bubble bath, listening to music and playing your favorite sport are also good ways of beating stress. Yoga is yet another way of beating stress; it is fast gaining popularity amongst the masses.
7. Avoiding excessive exposure to sun: Avoid excessive exposure to sun by wearing long sleeved clothes, hat and umbrella etc Sunscreen lotions are also recommended as necessary. But sunlight in moderation is essential for well being.
A lot of traditional and home made natural skin care products/ measures are also known to be very effective. Such measures are not only natural and easy-to-follow, but also relatively inexpensive.
Besides that, a lot of natural skin care products are available in the commercial market. These include things like Lavender Oil, Aloe Vera etc., which usually don’t have any side effects.